COVID-19 update – MAY 16, 2020
We continue to experience extremely high call volume and most guests have been patient with our teams. We really appreciate your patience and understanding. If you have questions about the status of your rental please email us at email@example.com. We’ll do our best to respond to your email within 24 hours.
Here is the latest information we have related to the impact of the COVID19 situation on our beaches, businesses, and attractions:
- UPDATE: On May 15 Florida Governor Ron DeSantis said the state is now fully in Phase 1 of the re-opening plan. Under the plan the following will take place on May 18th:
- Restaurants – 50% inside seating occupancy (with a partition between tables included as social spacing), outdoor seating remains same guidance as before, both with cleaning & social distancing guidelines.
- Retail – 50% inside capacity with same guidance as before on cleaning & social distancing guidelines.
- Gyms – Can open inside with current guidance on cleaning & social distancing guidelines.
- Live sports events reopening soon with no spectators.
- Amusement Parks can submit reopening plans to state for approval
- UPDATE ON VACATION RENTALS: The governor also said that he will continue the ban on short term rentals until he approves each county’s plan to safely reopen. Bay County (which covers Panama City Beach and Inlet Beach) has submitted their plan.
- Because of the COVID-19 situation we’ve asked our owners to allow us to offer more flexible minimum stays this summer. Most owners are willing to do so. So, we’ve reduced our minimum stay for the summer to three night minimum stays. We hope that will allow more folks to enjoy the beach this summer.
- Florida Governor Ron DeSantis has issued a stay safe at home order asking all non-essential employees to stay home until April 30th
- Florida’s Governor Ron DeSantis, Tuesday, March 24, issued an executive order urging people over 65 or those having health issues that could worsen due to the COVID19 to stay indoors
- Florida’s Governor, Ron DeSantis, Monday, March 23rd, he is issuing an executive order mandating that anyone arriving on a flight from New York City and the surrounding area submit to self-quarantine for two weeks as he tries to avoid issuing a statewide shutdown similar to other states.
- Florida’s Governor, Ron DeSantis, has instructed bars, nightclubs and gyms to close for the next thirty days and for restaurants to limit sales to carry out and delivery with no restaurant seating
- Update on Beach Status: All Beaches are open
- Update on retail stores and restaurants: It appears that most are open
- Most of the festivals and events have been canceled, so if you were planning on attending an event, please check with the organizers
As we go through this unique circumstance please be smart about the things you can do to minimize exposure to COVID19 as recommended by public health authorities:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Put distance between yourself and other people (use the 6’ social distance guide)
- Clean AND disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
- If surfaces are dirty, clean them: Use detergent or soap and water prior to disinfection.
You’ll find more useful information at the Centers for Disease Control COVID19 information site which you’ll find on this link: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/prevention.html
Trackback from your site.