COVID-19 update – SUMMER 2020
Updated July 23, 2020
Here is the latest information we have related to the impact of the COVID19 situation on our beaches, businesses, and attractions:
- JULY 23RD UPDATE: Panama City Beach just passed a new emergency ordinance requiring customers and employees in businesses to wear a face covering, effective Monday, July 27th at 5:00 pm. This ordinance also requires Indoor Amusements, Retail Establishments, Food Service Establishments, and Bars to daily screen each employee to ensure that no employee working at such an establishment in the City who is exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 is permitted to work.
- The city of Panama City Beach has issued a temporary order effective from 7/20/20 until 8/13/20 that employees of all businesses that serve the public must wear a face covering. The order does not mandate that customers or guests are required to do so. We do know that some establishments will require customers to wear a face covering so you should consider having a face covering with you if you are staying in Panama City Beach.
- In response to young adults, not social distancing and congregating on the east end of the beach at night, the City of Panama City Beach has decided to close the one mile stretch of beach from Ocean Villa to Boardwalk from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. This closure takes effect on July 10that 10 p.m. until further notice.All beaches are open and the short-term ban has been lifted
- While the news reports that Florida has experienced a spike in new cases of COVID19, the spike is not referring to the Emerald Coast
- There is no requirement to quarantine if you come to our area
- Restaurants – 50% inside seating occupancy and outdoor seating
- Retail – 50% inside capacity with the same guidance as before on cleaning & social distancing guidelines.
- Gyms – Can open inside with current guidance on cleaning & social distancing guidelines.
- It appears that many of the youth sporting events are taking place here
- Waterparks are open
- On beach rental services (e.g. kayaks rentals, etc.) in general, are open
- We have modified our cleaning processes disinfecting all contact surfaces to ensure that our vacation rentals have been cleaned and disinfected using products designed from hospitals
- We are also placing a bottle of disinfectant in our vacation rentals so that our guests can also disinfect while staying in their vacation rental (we are also placing a tent card in each vacation rental explaining our new processes
- Here is a useful website that gives you the latest on beach closings throughout the state of Florida. You’ll find information about our beaches in the Panhandle for the Emerald Coast, and Southwest Florida for Anna Maria Island and Bradenton Beach. The beaches in Bay, Walton, Okaloosa, Santa Rosa, or Manatee counties are open and there are no plans on shutting them down. This link was posted on 7/1/20: https://floridapolitics.com/archives/325997-which-florida-beaches-are-closed-which-are-still-open.
- As we go through this unique circumstance please be smart about the things you can do to minimize exposure to COVID19 as recommended by public health authorities:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Put distance between yourself and other people (use the 6’ social distance guide)
- Clean AND disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
- If surfaces are dirty, clean them: Use detergent or soap and water prior to disinfection.
- You’ll find more useful information at the Centers for Disease Control COVID19 information site which you’ll find on this link:
Updated July 23, 2020